Gup Shup Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curtis Peebles

Go down

Curtis Peebles Empty Curtis Peebles

Post  msistarted Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Curtis Peebles is an aerospace historian for the Smithsonian Institution and the author of several books dealing with aviation and aerial phenomena.

He is probably best known as a leading skeptic of UFO sightings and incidents, and he has been a talking head in several documentaries dealing with UFOs. He has appeared in the A&E Network's 1997 documentary "Where Are All the UFOs?", and on the History Channel documentaries "Unsolved History: Area 51" and "Roswell: The Final Declassification". In his 1994 book Watch the Skies!, a critical history of the UFO phenomenon, Peebles writes that: "I am a skeptic. I believe flying saucer reports are misinterpretations of conventional objects, phenomena, and experiences. I do not believe the evidence indicates the Earth is under massive surveillance by disk-shaped alien spaceships." However, Peebles also writes that "these [UFO] conclusions are those of the author; readers [of this book] are encouraged to make up their own minds."

In addition to his UFO research, he has also written numerous books and magazine articles dealing with declassified (formerly secret) Air Force secret weapons projects, and he is a frequent lecturer at conferences and symposiums on aviation history.

share housing
led down lights

msistarted

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum