Ecclesiastical history

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ecclesiastical history

Post  kosovohp on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 pm

The Catholic Diocese of Ceuta existed from 1417 to 1879. It was a suffragan of the Patriarchate of Lisbon until 1675, with the end of the Iberian Union, when Ceuta chose to remain linked to the king of Spain. Since then it was a suffragan of the archbishopric of Seville.[4] The Diocese of Tanger was suppressed and incorporated to that of Ceuta in 1570.[5]

In 1851, upon the signature of the concordat between the Holy See and Spain, the diocese of Ceuta was agreed to be suppressed, being combined into the diocese of Cádiz y Ceuta[6] (up to then diocese of Cádiz y Algeciras), whose bishop usually was the apostolic administrator of Ceuta. The agreement was not implemented until 1879.

Sydney Sightseeing
MAC brush sets

kosovohp

Posts : 307
Join date : 2010-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum